Apply for Grants
As one of Indiana’s largest community foundations, Legacy Foundation works for Lake County in multiple ways, playing multiple roles. For donors, the Foundation offers an effective way to manage giving by providing expert philanthropic advice rooted in a deep knowledge of our community and an array of philanthropic vehicles and services. For the community, the Foundation serves as a grant-maker, a civic leader, and awards grants to the region’s non-profits to help meet community needs, fulfill donors’ philanthropic wishes, and strengthen the nonprofit sector. Using local knowledge, networks, influence, and creativity, the Foundation brings people together to improve the community’s quality of life now and in the future.
We look forward to partnering with organizations and communities across Lake County in the year ahead and sharing your needs with Legacy Foundation donors.
Legacy Foundation Partners with GrantStation to Offer Nonprofit Organizations Serving Lake County, Indiana Discounted Membership!
Legacy Foundation has partnered with GrantStation to offer 501(c)3 organizations serving Lake County, Indiana a discounted one-year membership to GrantStation. This discounted one-year membership of $95 is over $600 in savings!
With GrantStation, your organization can get the tools and information you need to secure future funding!
- Find new funding opportunities in a searchable database.
- Build a strong program with strategic planning tools.
- Write powerful proposals using step-by-step tutorials
Grant Application Resources
Nonprofit IDEA Resources
National Council of Nonprofits
- Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Matter for Nonprofits
- Nonprofits, you are the Champions for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the Nonprofit Sector
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Policy Template
Racial Equity Tools
Alliance for Strong Families and Communities
Michigan Nonprofit Association
American Public Health Association