Join Women in Philanthropy – Be a Part of the Impact!
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy (WIP) is a vibrant network of philanthropists committed to transforming Lake County, Indiana. WIP uses the collective power of women learning, giving, and leading together to build long-lasting positive change.
The Women’s Philanthropy Fund has Given over $102,000 to the Following Organizations
Cedar Lake Summerfest Committee
Dunes Learning Center
For the Love of the Arts, Inc.
Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
Girls On The Run Of Northwest Indiana, Inc.
Hearts in Motion
Jacob’s Ladder Pediatrics
Lubeznik Center for the Arts
Pathway To Adventure Council, Boy Scouts of America
Pink Ribbon Society, Inc.
School House Children’s Charity, Inc.
South Shore Dance Alliance, Inc.
St. Jude House
The Caring Place, Inc.
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy has two individual membership levels.
- The annual membership for women under 40 years old is $500.
- The annual membership for women 40 years old and over is $1000.
How Your Donation is Used
- From your membership donation, 75% is used for annual grantmaking and 25% is placed into the Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
- The Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund will create a sustainable source of funding for issues affecting women, children, and families.
Company Membership Level: $1,500
- Membership for 2 people from your business/organization
- Company logo on the WIP web page
- Learn from peers and experts about community challenges and ways to address them
- Get recognized for supporting diverse voices in philanthropy
- Signal to the community that your company supports the personal development of its women leaders
- Active involvement with a diverse group of women committed to making a positive community impact
- Build relationships with local philanthropic, entrepreneurial, and government leaders
- Learn from peers and experts about how to address our community’s challenges
- Encourage the current and future generation of philanthropists
- Support change-making organizations with strategic and high impact grants
- Access to local volunteer opportunities
Programs and Events
Throughout the year, Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy holds two open grant cycles and grant review sessions. Members are invited to attend site visits for grant recipients and a special networking event. Members are also invited to various Foundation events.
WIP Members have combined their donations to impact health, education, youth leadership, COVID-19 relief, and economic empowerment for women and children in Lake County.
Members review grant proposals twice a year that align with their focus area and connect with grant recipients through site visits.
Hear from Women in Philanthropy Members
Judy Lindsey, Methodist Hospitals Foundation, WIP member
“Something very powerful happens when a group of like-minded women come together to offer the best of their thinking on how to be of service to others. For me, that is what Women in Philanthropy provides – a space where women, united in purpose, offer recommendations and engage in decision-making that leads to meaningful philanthropic support for not-for-profit organizations. Collectively, we have impact. Personally, we are enriched. “
Karima Hasan Bey
Mary Ann Greiner
Karima Hasan Bey
Erica Fizer Katsepas