Join Women in Philanthropy – Be a Part of the Impact!
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy (WIP) is a vibrant network of philanthropists committed to transforming Lake County, Indiana. WIP uses the collective power of women learning, giving, and leading together to build long-lasting positive change.
Karima Hasan Bey
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy members are invited to join us for a grantmaking discussion, networking, and steam boat rides at the Museum at Lassen’s Resort in Cedar Lake.
Wednesday, September 28
Non members can still join before the event to attend.
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy has two individual membership levels.
- The annual membership for women under 40 years old is $500.
- The annual membership for women 40 years old and over is $1000.
How Your Donation is Used
- From you membership donation, 75% is used for annual grantmaking and 25% is placed into the Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
- The Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund will create a sustainable source of funding for issues affecting women, children, and families.
Company Membership Level: $1,500
- Membership for 2 people from your business/organization
- Company logo on the WIP web page
- Learn from peers and experts about community challenges and ways to address them
- Get recognized for supporting diverse voices in philanthropy
- Signal to the community that your company supports the personal development of its women leaders
- Active involvement with a diverse group of women committed to making a positive community impact
- Build relationships with local philanthropic, entrepreneurial, and government leaders
- Learn from peers and experts about how to address our community’s challenges
- Encourage the current and future generation of philanthropists
- Support change-making organizations with strategic and high impact grants
- Access to local volunteer opportunities
Programs and Events
Throughout the year, Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy holds three events to bring members together, including the Spring Learning Seminar; Summer Grantmaking Awards; and Fall Annual Meeting. Members are also invited to various Foundation events.
Judy Lindsey, Methodist Hospitals Foundation, WIP member
“Something very powerful happens when a group of like-minded women come together to offer the best of their thinking on how to be of service to others. For me, that is what Women in Philanthropy provides – a space where women, united in purpose, offer recommendations and engage in decision-making that leads to meaningful philanthropic support for not-for-profit organizations. Collectively, we have impact. Personally, we are enriched. “