Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy (WIP) is a vibrant network of philanthropists committed to transforming Lake County, Indiana. WIP uses the collective power of women learning, giving, and leading together to build long-lasting positive change
- Active involvement with a diverse group of women committed to making a positive community impact
- Build relationships with local philanthropic, entrepreneurial, and government leaders
- Learn from peers and experts about how to address our community’s challenges
- Encourage the current and future generation of philanthropists
- Support change-making organizations with strategic and high impact grants
- Access to local volunteer opportunities
Programs and Events
Throughout the year, Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy holds three events to bring members together, including the Spring Learning Seminar; Summer Grantmaking Awards; and Fall Annual Meeting. Members are also invited to various Foundation events.
Judy Lindsey, Methodist Hospitals Foundation, WIP member
“Something very powerful happens when a group of like-minded women come together to offer the best of their thinking on how to be of service to others. For me, that is what Women in Philanthropy provides – a space where women, united in purpose, offer recommendations and engage in decision-making that leads to meaningful philanthropic support for not-for-profit organizations. Collectively, we have impact. Personally, we are enriched. “
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy has two membership levels.
- The annual membership for women under 40 years old is $500.
- The annual membership for women 40 years old and over is $1000
- Legacy Foundation accepts new members and renewals from October 1 – December 31 annually. Your membership contribution must be received by December 31.
How Your Donation is Used
- Of your $1,000 donation, $750 is used for annual grantmaking and $250 of your $500 donation is placed into the Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
- If you are under 40 years old, then $250 of your $500 donation is used for annual grantmaking and $250 is put into the Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
- The Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund will create a sustainable source of funding for issues affecting women, children, and families.