Your Family Might Qualify for Free Internet!
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC program that helps qualifying households receive affordable internet service.
Households are eligible if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP,WIC, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, SSI, or Lifeline.
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Receives a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income Internet program.
- Up to $30/month discount for internet service.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
Two Steps to Enroll
- Go to GetInternet.Gov to submit an application or print a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have your discount applied. Some providers might have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
We’re Here to Help!
For questions and application assistance, contact Donna Catalano at firstname.lastname@example.org, 219-736-1880, or complete the form below.
ACP Assistance Request Form
Legacy Foundation received $125,000 from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The Foundation applied for the FCC Affordable Connectivity Outreach Program to address internet accessibility in northern Lake County. Legacy Foundation will assist residents with the enrollment process by signing up interested households at community events from July 2023 – June 2025. With a team of dedicated volunteers and community-based organizations, the program will provide educational materials to low-income families on how to gain access to internet connection and devices for their homes.