A fund of Legacy Foundation, Lake County's Community Foundation
Friends of Marquette Park Fund of Miller Citizens Corporation Shoreline Committee
Mission of Friends of Marquette Park Fund:
The mission of Friends of Marquette Park Fund (FMP Fund) is to raise funds to support and implement special projects for Marquette Park in collaboration with the Gary Parks Department. This is a Field of Interest Non-Permanent Fund Agreement between the Legacy Foundation, Inc., and Miller Citizens Corporation Shoreline Committee. Marquette Park is a 241-acre historic park along the southern shore of Lake Michigan with 2.8 miles of beach in northwest Indiana.
- Concrete repairs on Statue Garden stairs
- Memorial Bench project
- Maintenance of Statue Garden & Lagoon Area
- Beach Water Safety & Signage
- Support programs in the park to make
- Marquette Park an inviting destination
- New Marker with Marquette Park Map near concession stand
- Cleaning and polishing of Fr. Marquette Statue
- New LED lighting of Fr. Marquette Statue with electrical connections.
- Elimination of bagworms infesting evergreens
- Painting lifeguard stands different colors and painting easement street sign posts near the beach
- New FMP apparel to wear with our new logo
Legacy Foundation, Inc.
370 E. 84th Drive, Suite 100
Merrillville, Indiana 46410