Women in Philanthropy
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy (WIP) is a vibrant network of philanthropists committed to transforming Lake County. WIP uses the collective power of women learning, giving, and leading together to build long-lasting positive change. Members maximize their philanthropic impact by learning about challenges in our communities and combining the people and resources to make a positive impact.
- Active involvement with a diverse group of women committed to making a difference in Lake County
- Building relationships with local philanthropic, entrepreneurial, and government leaders
- Learning from peers and experts about how to combat our community’s challenges
- Encouraging the current and future generation of philanthropists
- Supporting change-making organizations with strategic and high impact grants
- Access to local volunteer opportunities
Programs and Events
Throughout the year, Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy holds three events to bring members together, including the Spring Learning Seminar; Summer Grantmaking Awards; and Fall Annual Meeting. Members are also invited to various Foundation events.
How You Can Join Us
Legacy Foundation Women in Philanthropy has two membership levels.
- The annual membership for women under 30 years old is $500.
- The annual membership for women 30 years old and over is $1000
Legacy Foundation accepts new members and renewals from October 1 – November 15 annually. Your membership contribution must be received by November 15.
How Your Donation is Used
Of your $1,000 donation, $750 is used for annual grantmaking and $250 of your $500 donation is placed into the Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
If you are under 30 years old, then $250 of your $500 donation is used for annual grantmaking and $250 is put into the Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund.
The Legacy Women’s Philanthropy Fund will create a sustainable source of funding for issues affecting women, children, and families.
Women's Philanthropy Fund Grant
The Women’s Philanthropy Fund is supported by the Women in Philanthropy group membership contributions. Annual grants are awarded during the summer cycle. In 2017, the Women’s Philanthropy Fund will support requests for programs addressing educational attainment for women and girls, including indirect support services such as mentoring, transportation, and childcare.
- Grants due July 1
- Maximum grant $20,000
- Apply for a Women's Philanthropy Fund grant
Legacy Foundation Impact
Legacy Foundation works with donors to invest in nonprofit services and capacity building efforts throughout Lake County, Indiana. Through the generosity of a wide base of supporters, Legacy Foundation has awarded $40 million in grants and scholarships to nonprofit organizations and individuals since its founding in 1992.